The Personal Data Protection Act 2010, which applies to all companies and firms established in Malaysia, was introduced by the Government to regulate the processing of personal data in commercial transactions. The Act requires us to inform you of your rights with regards to your personal data that is collected and processed, and the purpose of such processing. It also requires us to obtain your consent to the processing of your personal data.
The policy aims at identifying the standard requirements on collecting, operating, maintaining, protecting, disclosure, retaining, and archiving and distributing the personal information of U Food Chain employees, Members and Distributors.
The policy is applicable to those who are U Food Chain Employees, Members, Distributors and the third parties who process these personal data in the name of U Food Chain.
Personal data is any information in any format (electronic or paper) that identifies an individual in respect of commercial transaction. It includes obvious information like names, addresses and email addresses but it also includes biometric information such as fingerprints or tissue samples. If it can be used to identify or locate you “alone or with other information” then it is personal information.
1) Gender, age and birth date
2) Family address and telephone number
3) Employment information, personal education, performance and training information
4) Spouse’s information
5) Information of family income and expense
6) Personal hobbies
Sensitive personal data consists of those elements of personal data that require extra privacy and security protections. For example, any information about a person health or condition of health subject, his political opinions, his religious beliefs or other beliefs of similar nature. Government issued identifiers (such as Employee Provident Fund or Income Tax numbers) are also sensitive personal data:
1) Personal information record/criminal record/ court summons record
2) Race, faith, political viewpoint, philosophical faith
3) Member of trade union
4) Health information: disease history, disability
5) Bank account information, computerized national identity card number
6) Nationality, citizen hood information
- We provide NOTICE to individuals about how their personal data is used.
- We obtain CONSENT for the processing of personal data.
- Where appropriate, we provide individuals with ACCESS, the opportunity to review and correct personal data held by U Food Chain.
- We PROTECT personal data with appropriate safeguards.
- The personal data processed will not be KEPT longer than necessary.
V.Return and Exchange Policy
We want our customers to be completely satisfied with their purchases. We recommend you read our Return and Exchange Policy prior to making a purchase from our website, so you are familiar with our policy on returns and repairs and your legal rights and remedies. We also recommend you immediately inspect any goods that we deliver to you or that you collect from our warehouse or store, to ensure you are satisfied with the goods. This Return Policy only applies where you make a purchase online from our website.
If you decide to return your order (or items), you shall make a report or contact our sales team within twenty-four (24) hours (“Cooling Off Period”) after goods inspection upon delivery. We only accept goods exchange upon return, but no refund. Upon the expiration of the Cooling Off Period, your order shall be irrevocable and unconditional. You may return your order for any of the following reasons:
- You received the wrong item in your package or the item has a manufacturing defect (excluding goods marked as display set items or clearance goods).
- And the general requirements for returns are as follows:
- You have proof of purchase (order invoice number and receipt).
- The goods must be in new condition and returned in the original selling condition and unopened packaging along with all original accessories (including manuals, warranty cards, certificate of authenticity) and any free gifts, vouchers received with it.
- Under what conditions is/are the product non-returnable:
- Once Installed
- Once Used
- Consumables such as machine washing detergent
- Customised/made-to-order goods and/or special order items
- Display unit, auction items and clearance goods are strictly non-refundable. You are required to make a complete inspection to assess the item before purchasing. These items are sold on “as is, where is” basis.
- Items that have been purchased for more than 10 days.
- The item was purchased for someone else who simply does not want it.
- The item has no defects. You’ve changed you’re mind because of wrong selection, colour, size, model or specification, product not meeting expectation; or simply found it cheaper elsewhere.
- Defaulted on payment for item.
If your return meets all the requirements above and you wish to proceed with the return, please have your order invoice number ready and simply visit our warehouse or contact our sales team.
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Our sales team will verify the return reason and arrange a return pick-up for you. You will need to bear the return shipping fee. Our courier company will pick up the package at the time specified by you. We will conduct an evaluation within two (2) working days starting from the day we received your returned items. You will receive an email confirmation once the returned item is received from our end.
If your return is valid, we will process replacement with advice of new shipping lead time and fee, based on what you have indicated to our sales team.
If your return is not valid, we will notify you and arrange the items to be returned. For the items to be returned, a delivery fee will be chargeable. We reserve the right to reject any return and exchange deemed unfit or unreasonable.
1. How we collect personal data
We collect Personal Data from you in various ways and at several different points. We may collect your Personal Data on one of our web sites, by telephone, facsimile, when you complete and submit an application form to become a Members or Distributor.
Wherever possible we collect Personal Data directly from you. There may, however, be occasions where we collect your Personal Data from someone else. For example, where you make an application in joint names.
If you provide Personal Data to us about another person, we rely on you to have made, or make them aware that you will, or may, provide their information to us and the kinds of third parties we may provide it to and the relevant purposes we and the third parties will use it for and how they can access it. If you have not done, or will not do these things, you must tell us before you provide the relevant Personal Data.
Should U Food Chain or its related entities merge with or be acquired by another business entity, or its respective assets be acquired, you should expect that we would share some or all of your Personal Data to companies assuming the role of serving you and other users of our Site.
3. Your Choices
Your permission is always secured first. We will not use or share the Personal Data collected in ways unrelated to the purpose for which you provided the information, including those described above, without providing you a choice whether to permit any such unrelated uses.
4. Accessing and Correcting Your Information
We take reasonable measures to ensure that any Personal Data we collect is accurate, current, complete, and reliable for its intended use. If you wish to update or otherwise correct Personal Data you have provided to us, you may edit your information online after completing registration, or contact us as described in the Contact Us section, below, and we will assist you.
5. Changes To This Statement
Any updates or changes to the terms of this Privacy Statement will be posted here on our Site and the date of the newest version posted below. Please check back frequently, especially before you submit any Personal Data at our Site, to see if this Privacy Statement has changed. If any changes materially affect the use of Personal Data previously provided to us, we will obtain your consent prior to the retroactive application of any material changes. By using our Site, you acknowledge acceptance of this Privacy Statement in effect at the time of use.
6. Contact Us
We will make every reasonable effort to address your concerns and remedy any problems you bring to our attention.